Friday, March 6, 2009

Marielle Murphy SPJ Application

University of Cincinnati Society of Professional Journalists
2009-10 Executive Board Application


Name: Marielle Murphy
Class rank: Junior
Major: Journalism- Magazine Track
Position you’re interested in (Pick one): Membership Director

List the journalism classes you’ve taken: Intro to Journalism, News Writing and Reporting, Intro to Photojournalism

In 300 words or less, please describe why SPJ is important:

SPJ is an important because it is a way for students and professionals interested in all types of journalism to come together with a common knowledge and love of all things journalism. It is a way to be a part of something journalistic and to get involved with others who love journalism.

In 300 words or less, please tell us why you’re applying for your chosen position and what you will bring to e-board:

I am applying for Membership director because I am a very outgoing person and I know I could get people to become involved with SPJ. I have never been involved with SPJ before, but I have wanted to get involved this whole year. I am a very hard-working and determined individual. I know that my interest in SPJ would help me to get others interested in it as well.

No comments: