Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ekaterina Katzarova SPJ Application

Name: Ekaterina Plamenova Katzarova

Class Rank: Junior

Major: Journalism
Running for: Secretary

List of Journalism Classes I have taken:

Introduction to Journalism

News Writing and Reporting


For me SPJ is important because it provides hands on experience with skilled journalists. It is a great opportunity to be able to be mentored by them. In order for journalists to be well rounded they must be placed into an environment in which there are high standards of ethical behavior and free practice of journalism. Another important aspect of SPJ is the social networking. Without it a journalist would not be able to grow in his field, find a job, and come across interesting ideas for his stories. I know that SPJ takes its members on many different field trips which enables them to gain real world experience.

I am applying for the secretary position because SPJ would be a perfect program in which to hone my journalistic skills. I will bring a lot of enthusiasm, charisma, and a lot of hard work. I am a fast learner and am willing to overcome a lot of obstacles in order to achieve my goals.

No comments: